Following completion of this course you will:
- understand the skills and tools required by a mentor
Upon successful completion of the Mentoring Essentials module you will be listed in the community mentoring directory and will be searchable by those members looking for a mentor to connect with. If you do not wish to be included in the directory you can change your visibility from your profile page.
The background to mentoring
The skills and tools required by the mentor
- The key skills of a mentor
- How will you communicate with your mentee?
- Body Language
- Questioning Skills
- Listening Skills
- How will you use reflective practice in a mentoring situation?
- Creating a Professional Development Plan
- How can you be a good role model?
- What will you cover at the first meeting?
- How not to mentor